Earlier this week we shared our tips for getting the inside of your home ready for the market. All these tips serve as a great Spring Cleaning checklist! Spring prep is also the time to get the outside of your home looking spiffy and ready for the sunshine! We're sharing a few tips to get you ready and in full swing!
1) Looking for any peeling paint on railings, eves or decks. Taking care of this problem from the get go will be much easier than a peeling massacre you might have to deal with later! Simply scrape with a metal blade and touch up or add a fresh coat if needed.
2) Clean your rain gutters and make sure there are no derbies. This is also a great time to see if you have any residue coming from your shingles. Having a lot of wear and tear and finding residue in your gutters is a good sign a roof replacement might be on the horizon.
3) Trim trees and shrubs. Make sure not to do this too early if there is still freezing temperatures in the forecast. Freeze can cause damage to freshly trimmed trees and shrubs. When trimming shrubs, make sure to trim them away from the house to where there is a clear gap between the house and any greenery.
4) This is the perfect time to plant bulbs for spring blooms. Make sure the frost season is gone before planting to enjoy those bright colors!
5) Check both attic and foundation vents to make sure they aren't clogged and debris aren't interfering with ventilation.
6) Service your lawn mower and lawn tools. Let's face it - when you need it to work, it won't, so get ahead of the game!
7) Clean lawn and patio furniture and get out the pressure washer for brick, sidewalks and patio. Splurge for the new cushions and pillow too! You're worth it!
8) Once the danger of frost has passed, pamper your lawn by seeding any bare patches and applying fertilizer. Make your lawn the talk of the town!
9) While you are cleaning those gutters, take a peep on the roof for any missing or curled shingles and repairs them swiftly.
10) Wash the exterior of your windows. You'll want to let that sunshine in!
None of these tips are earth shattering, but they are some noteworthy measures to make your home sparkle and if you get to them early, you can enjoy the summer sun!